Your Fast Track to the Clean Energy Economy
Bring your ideas, passion, and purpose
Through American-Made, you have the power to help revolutionize America’s energy systems. We offer innovators and entrepreneurs from a variety of backgrounds the tools and opportunities to contribute clean energy solutions.
Our program offers a variety of prizes that empower you to tackle tough climate change issues. You’ll be supported in the process with training, connections, teaming, mentoring, and technical assistance.
Ready to contribute to the clean energy revolution?
First, find a prize challenge that is right for you. New start at frequent intervals and tackle topics such as solar, buildings, advanced manufacturing, geothermal, and geothermal, and inclusive energy innovation.
Then, build your team, read the rules, and submit your game-changing idea or solution. Your hard work and dedication can dedication can take you far and we will help and we will help further!
Many prizes offer opportunities to become connected with Network expertise, training and assistance, and qualify to win cash prizes and other support.Join a Challenge
Explore open options
Learn more on HeroX
Build your team
Plan, prototype, and compete
Be reviewed by experts
American-Made prizes accelerate solutions by lowering the barriers faced by innovators. They fast-track product development timelines from years to months, speed innovator progress thanks to rapid prize timelines and goals, and create partnerships that connect entrepreneurs to the private sector and the U.S. Department of Energy’s national laboratories.
Prizes enable low-risk, easy entry points for many entrepreneurs and innovators with experience from other industries. Because prizes enable rapid innovation and relatively quick funds dispersion, they can be extremely effective in advancing new thinking in the energy sector, quickly building solutions and businesses, and making impactful connections between the public and private sectors.
Our prize programs aim to:
- Make innovation easy, fast and agile with rapid innovation cycles, which help boost innovators’ competitive spirit and advance inventions to market
- Inspire the next generation of scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs
- Expand inclusive participation from innovators with diverse backgrounds, and back those innovators with Network support
- Provide opportunities for public-private partnerships to leverage government investment to grow new businesses, solutions, and opportunities.
Ready to Make Your Mark?
HeroX is where the American-Made magic happens. This is our prize platform site where anyone can:
- Sign up to compete or follow a prize
- Make prize submissions
- View team leaderboard data
- Ask questions and dive deeper